Thank you for your interest in the Community Rooms at Bloomingfoods. Community Rooms are available to rent for Co-op Members and Community Groups. All use of an Community Room is subject to an approval process. We prioritize staff and member use of our spaces, especially educational events and events that have food. Any individual or group who wishes to rent an Community Room must fill out the Room Rental Request Form and submit it with payment in the store.
Renting the Community Room Space:
- The Community Room may be rented for a three-hour block of time during hours of 8am to 9pm
- Room Fee of $50.00 for the general public, $25.00 for Members, $15.00 for non-profit groups. Fee is waived with a Bloomingfoods catering purchase.
- The reservation is confirmed when the fee is paid in the store.
- Bloomingfoods employees will have access to the space during your event.
- Renters are responsible for setting up tables and chairs as needed. Depending on table set up capacity may be reduced.
- An Community Room can be reserved no more than 8 weeks in advance.
- All events must be non-discriminatory. Groups will not be allowed to use the Community Rooms if they promote or take prejudiced action with respect to sex, national origin, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, color, creed, physical ability, religion, marital status, race, ancestry, and age.
- Admission fees should not be charged for most events that are held in the co-op space. Any event requiring a registration fee must make a special request in advance.
- Items may not be offered for sale in the Community Rooms.
- All food or drink that is served in an Community Room must be provided by Bloomingfoods. Alcohol service must have a permit and requires 21 days written notice to Bloomingfoods by the renter. There will be additional fees for alcohol permitting and service. Licensed bartenders are required for beer/wine service and will be billed at $20/hr.
- Parking at our Near West Side store is extremely limited and is not available for event attendees. Please make alternative parking arrangements or encourage alternative transportation.
- Renters must be in good standing with the co-op. Any group that has abused the facility or broken a regulation in an earlier use of Bloomingfoods Co-op’s Community or any group that has failed to pay a previous room charge will be prohibited from use of the space.
- Renters must be 18 years old.
- Bloomingfoods Co-op reserves the right to refuse use of the room at any time. Views and beliefs expressed in a rental event do not necessarily express the views and beliefs of Bloomingfoods Co-op owners, management, or Board of Directors.
- The meeting rooms will only be scheduled during hours of 8am to 9pm.
- Maximum room capacity at the Near West side store is 30 people.
- Maximum room capacity at the East store is 40 people.
- Cancellations will be refunded up to three days in advance.
- Bloomingfoods Co-op has a catering menu available to order for meetings and events. However, arrangements must be made directly with the deli manager at the store where your event is to be held.
- Renters shall return tables and chairs to the dining room setup when finished with their event.
- The room must be tidied and swept entirely and returned to its original condition.
- The renter must check out at the Customer Service desk before leaving the building.
- The checklist for cleaning the room will be provided when you check in.
East Third Street: (812) 336-5400 or Reserve space at the East Third Street store.